Chasing a Better You

Monday, November 16, 2009

Spiritually Speaking!

Have you ever considered the power of your tongue? Do you speak love, prosperity and blessings into your life and into the lives of others? Or are you one of those persons that speak negativity, doubt and chronic grief ? Proverbs 18:21 states...Death and life are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat of its fruit. This scripture empowers us to accept that we can invoke blessings or curses upon our lives.

As Christians we must believe that our tongue can forecast fruit resulting in productive seasons. Yet the flip side is also true. I can speak infirmities such as failure and constant unhappiness through my lack of faith in God to do all things. How awesome is that? God says that I can literally speak powerfully anointed blessings upon my life and into the lives of those that believe in Jesus Christ! This is an area in which we all fall short. Why? We've become a part of the world that we are not supposed to embrace. Sure we are to operate effectively and productively in the world but we are not supposed to fall prey to the ills of an unsaved world.

Our adversary is so cunning until he ensnares us most of the time without us knowing it! I simply believe we do not willingly disobey or deny God. However our actions contradict us. We say things like, "I wish I could" or "that will never happen for me", "I don't deserve that" .... and so on. We talk ourselves right out of God's Will for our lives. And if we aren't the culprits, then we let unsaved people's words and dismal outlook on life apply and shape our destiny. We begin to walk in defeat and miss out on God's blessings. I challenge each of you to be transformed into "Chasing A Better You" by shaping your today to totally believe God's Word and eat of its fruit!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent article. I daily work on my tounge. I can not wait for the release of the book.

    ReplyDelete